Log in 

319 Grant

Last fall the DES approved a $80,000 grant, as a 60% portion of a $133,333 program, to help shoreline property owners reduce storm water runoff from their properties. Adding to DES' 60%, the SLA is responsible for providing the remaining  40% or $53,333 in the form of volunteer time or expenses related to 'improving the water quality of Spofford Lake'.

The grant pays for consultants’ project planning and materials which could include plants, shrubs, stone, soil, mulch, gutters, rain barrels, etc.. The property owner supplies the volunteer labor or hired labor to complete the project.

Properties  were chosen based FB Environmental's analysis of estimated storm water runoff  of all lake shore properties. The program is underway. Members of FB Environmental visited nine properties earlier this spring to produce a plan for each location.  

Working with the South West Region Planning Commission (SWRPC), the SLA plans to shorty file for another, similar grant. We hope to make this part of on ongoing process to help shoreline properties reduce storm and road runoff.


Spofford Lake Association
PO Box 177
Spofford NH, 03462 USA

info@SpoffordLakeAssociation.org

QUICKLINKS

The Spofford Lake Association is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.


Website Design by: Keene Website Designers LLC

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software