Our Mission: To protect, enhance and sustain the ecological, environmental and recreational character of Spofford Lake and the surrounding watershed.
The Spofford Lake Association is an all volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The focus of our activities is protecting and improving the quality of Spofford Lake's clean, clear water for everyone. These include:
- The 'Lake Preservation Fund' which was established and funded to pay for invasive species remediation if and when required.
- The Lake Host program which inspects watercraft entering and leaving the lake.
- Water Quality Testing during the summer months in conjunction with the NH Department of Environmental Services.
- A volunteer Weed Watch program which conducts 2 inspections of the lake's shoreline each summer, from or in the water.
- Annually retaining a biologist to conduct an inspection and then reporting on the lake's vegetation.
- Working and supporting local, regional and state government units to:
- Secure grant funding to reduce stormwater run-off
- Create a town expendable trust to pay for invasive species remediation, if and when needed
- To develop 'lake friendly' regulations include zoning, septic system and road salting practices.
- Informing our members and neighbors of other pertinent Lake water quality issues
In 2020, over 200 donors, representing more than 340 members volunteered and financed these programs
Learn more about membership below: