Fishing is a popular recreational activity on the Lake. Classified as a cold and warm water fishery, Spofford is known for producing quality smallmouth bass, rainbow trout, northern pike, and largemouth bass.
Click here for a lake depth/contour ("bathymetry") map of Spofford Lake.
Learn about fishing in NH and get your license here.
Fish and Wildlife
- NH Fish and Game in Keene (603) 352-9669
- NH Marine Patrol in Keene (603) 293-2037
- Department of Environmental Services (603) 271-2147
A seasonal personal watercraft lift will qualify for PBN only if it meets all of these requirements:
Page updated April 15, 2021
- Installed immediately adjacent to a dock, in a legally existing boat slip, or if there are no other personal watercraft lifts on the frontage, a maximum of two lifts installed immediately adjacent to one another and along the owner's shoreline.
- Removed during the non-boating season.
- Located at least 20 feet from an abutting property line or the imaginary.
- extension of the property line over the water.
- Located on a parcel of land that has at least 75 feet of shoreline frontage.
- Installed in a manner that creates no impacts.